20 Items on Every Farm Mom's Christmas List
December 16, 2016
Call me crazy, but I keep a wish list all the time of the things I want. If I don't, I have a hard time giving my family ideas for Christmas and birthdays. Let's be honest, the list is useless to some people (aka my husband) because they wait until the day of anyway! He may consider not waiting until the last minute when he realizes that there are a few of my wish list items that he can definitely get some use out of, too!
This is a short list of ideas that one might find on a farmer's list this holiday season or even the occasional birthday. I also added some ideas that are on my list and may be on yours too - farmer's wife, daughter, country girl at heart, busy agriculture major, etc.
This list is made up of ideas of mine and my family members, as well as ideas from some of my ag/farmer friends! Read on, friends :)
- Farm name/logo apparel - Who doesn't love a new jacket with the farm name & logo on it?
- A farm sign - Win, win here!
- Attachments for the tractor (bale spear, pallet forks, loader bucket, etc) - Practical for sure!
- Work coat or outerwear - A must to help survive the bitter cold months.
- Electric thawing unit - A must to use when breeding cows artificially.
- Livestock show supplies - Never enough halters, feed pans, combs, brushes and show sticks.
- Work boots or rubber boots - A necessity for sure!
- The Pioneer Woman "Dinnertime" cookbook - no caption needed...this is a must.
- Cast iron skillet - A given once you receive #8.
- Custom farm/ranch brand ring, bracelet or necklace - Lots of handmade goodness!
- Slow cooker/Crockpot - An extra large one....enough said.
- Clothing from Duluth Trading Co. - Quality clothing with funny names & descriptions.
- A puppy. This is NOT on my list this year, but more power to you if it is on yours!
- Pampered Chef Rectangular Baker - need a replacement for my favorite dish.
- Alex & Ani bracelet - Gentlemen take note, simple and sentimental gift for the gals.
- St. Louis Cardinals STUFF - Yes, stuff. Tickets, shirt, keychain, anything! :)
- Generator - I really wish this was NOT on my husband's list, but it is. We've lost power like 3 times in 6 months. Not cool. :(
- Rite in the Rain gear - Perfect for the outdoorsman!
- Agriculture related photo print - Home decor for the farmer.
- Gloves - Warm ones. Period.
I think you get the idea and realize that farmers and their families Christmas lists have a lot in common with everyone else's list! There is always the occasional live animal on the list too. :)
Regardless of the items on your wish list, I hope you have a blessed Holiday season spent in the company of family & friends.
Merry Christmas from my family to yours!
Alison was born and raised on a grain and livestock farm in Central Illinois and now resides on a farm where she, her husband and their two children raise beef cattle. Alison and her husband both have full-time jobs off the farm that are directly related to agriculture. Alison is a former high school agriculture teacher, as well. You can learn more about their farm on Alison's blog Outside the Ag Room.
This blog was written in direct response to one of your questions:...